Media/Communications Specialist Wanted
An Abuja -based Media Group has opening for a junior-level Media and Communications Specialist.
The ideal candidate should be based in Abuja-Nigeria, and will possess a degree in Mass Communications or any of the Social Sciences. Membership of relevant professional associations, and possession of a Post-Graduate degree in a related discipline will be an added advantage.
The candidate we are looking for (male or female) should have excellent written and spoken English language skills. A self -starter capable of working with minimum supervision. The compensation package is competitive.
The job roles include but are not limited to;
(1) Media relations
(2) Stakeholder management
(3) Social media marketing and management
(4) Events management
(5) Content creation and writing
(6) Research and analytics
(7) Other assigned roles.
Serious applicants should submit their CV via WhatsApp to +2348060983636. Application closes on Tuesday, 30th May, 2023.
Category & Innovation Senior Manager Africa locations
South Africa – Johannesburg
Kenya – Nairobi
Nigeria – Lagos
time type – Full time
Posted 5 Days Ago
job requisition id – R-89022
Location(s): South Africa
00% – 25%
Relocation Provided: Job Posting End Date:
June 8, 2023-Shift:
Job Description Summary:
Category & Innovation Senior Manager Africa
Our vision is to create loved brands, done sustainably, for better shared future. We strive to provide cutting-edge excellence in ingredients, innovation, design and marketing. As a Category & Innovation Senior Manager (Emerging Category), you’ll work to develop annual and multi-year brand growth strategies and business plans for global brands in Africa to deliver against overall brand vision, business objectives and financial targets.
We are looking for people that have a passion for building relationships and will be proud to be a representative of our brands, are results driven and have brand management and/or marketing in consumer-packaged goods, beverage experience.
What You will Do For Us
Develop Emerging Long Range (LRP) and Annual Business Plan (ABP)
Lead development of annual and multi-year brand growth strategies and business plans to deliver against overall category vision, business objectives and financial targets
Recommend and deliver a rolling 24-month Africa Operating Unit calendar.
Identify new volume and profit growth areas across the full product and pack spectrum by leveraging consumer research, collaborating with functional experts eg. Revenue Growth Management and Customer and Channel teams.
Manage Performance to Target
Review Category Performance on Monthly and Quarterly Basis – and Propose Adjustment to plan to meet plans – including business results, CATEGORY equity tracking, in market targets such as distribution, shares, rate of sale, average price, number of executions.
Deliver Brand Marketing Programs
Partner with internal (e.g. R&D, Supply Chain, Commercial) and external (e.g. customers, bottlers, suppliers) stakeholders to develop new and/or improved products, packaging and programs to meet consumer needs, deliver against brand strategies and drive System value/business objectives. Uniquely in this role, specific attention is required to ensuring the business has the supply chain and route to market to deliver its alcohol plans to market
Provide leadership, clear direction and prioritization to the Creative Strategy leads and Integrated Marketing Experience (IMX) teams to achieve the business goals.
Partner with Frontline and Franchise to deliver the marketing programs and innovations from ideation to launch.
Lead development of bottler capability in areas of responsible marketing & sales and commercial.
Deliver Innovation Pipeline over a 3–5-year period.
Role leads innovation development (e.g. product, package, equipment) within his/her respective category (primarily consisting of globally led brands) to ensure a robust 1 to 3-year innovation pipeline
Works collaboratively with global category team to bring global innovation to life within the Africa Operating Unit as well as share relevant Africa Operating Unit market information in support of global innovation development.
Develops holistic business cases and development of product, package or equipment-based innovations working in collaboration with various technical, commercial and brand functions.
Lead, in collaboration with technical functions, discovery of new technologies, new partners and new applications of existing technologies to package-based solutions.
Best Practice / Insight
Connected to industry insight, research and best practice.
Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
10 years of brand management / marketing experience.
Innovation experience a plus (demonstrated ability to lead a concept from idea to shelf)
Prior experience in the beer/alcohol industry
Ability to provide market specific input on marketing strategy and plans (e.g., consumer / shopper insights) and other key elements of broader Africa Operating Unit strategy, as necessary.
Ability to translate brand vision/strategy through development of annual brand business plans along with corresponding resource requirements.
Strong collaboration skills including ability to build partnerships, establish trust & credibility and influence across all levels of leadership.
Ability to lead negotiations and alignment with key stakeholders.
Ability to develop relationships with bottler and ensure alignment and buy-in on marketing agenda.
Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to tailor communications to audience.
Ability to coordinate & integrate full details (calendars, resources, metrics) of local activation with Bottlers and agency partners.
Ability to identify needs for campaign localization or customization as necessary within the defined strategy and execution of these transcriptions’ with agency partners.
Analytical and financial acumen
What We Can Do For You
Challenging Work – our unique global system offers constant opportunities to develop world-class skills and a truly international career.
Iconic Brand: Work on the most recognized brand in the world and be part of developing the brands next chapter.
Exposure to World Class Leaders: Availability to global marketing leaders that will expand your network and exposure you to emerging digital platforms and marketing insights.
Brand Management, Brand Strategy, Innovation, Marketing
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Public Relations Manager
Workforce Group Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria Hybrid
Skills: Media Relations, Media Appearances, +8 more
HR Business Partner at Workforce Group | Brand Diplomat | Publishing Partner at EMDEX Limited
Our client is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Public Relations Manager to join their dynamic team.
As a Senior PR Manager, you will be responsible for managing both the public relations affairs of the organization as well as handling the public relations needs of key individuals within the company. You will play a critical role in enhancing brand reputation, driving measurable impact, and ensuring effective communication strategies for both the company and its key stakeholders.
* Develop and execute strategic public relations plans to promote Company’s image, values, and initiatives, as well as the personal brand of key individuals within the organization.
* Manage all aspects of media relations, including cultivating relationships with key media outlets, drafting press releases, and coordinating interviews and media appearances for both the company and individuals.
* Create and implement effective communication strategies that align with organizational objectives and enhance the personal brand of key individuals.
* Oversee the development and production of compelling content for press releases, articles, speeches, and other communication materials for both the company and individuals.
* Monitor media coverage and public sentiment related to the company and key individuals, proactively addressing any issues or crises that may arise.
* Collaborate with internal teams to ensure consistent messaging and brand representation across all communication channels for both the company and individuals.
* Identify and engage with key stakeholders, including industry influencers, partners, and community leaders, to further both company and individual objectives.
* Track and analyze PR metrics for both company and individual efforts, reporting on the effectiveness of campaigns and initiatives.
* Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in public relations, with a focus on managing both company and individual PR deliverables.
* Proven track record of developing and executing successful PR campaigns with measurable impact and outcomes for both companies and individuals.
* Extensive media relations experience and a strong network of media contacts.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling messages for diverse audiences.
* Strong problem-solving and crisis management abilities.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
* Proficiency in PR tools, software, and analytics platforms.